Our Environmental Policy
At Kippure Estate, we value our surrounding countryside. We understand the fragility of the Irish upland and recognise that many of our activities impact on our environment. That’s why we aim to conduct our business and operations in a way that reflects best environmental practice.
Our environmental policy means we:
- Carry out ongoing reviews of all our activities, operations and procedures so we can identify, quantify and evaluate their environmental impact and set priorities to minimise these
- Minimise any negative environmental effects our activities may cause, using energy, natural and non-renewable resources efficiently, while minimising waste and pollution
- Integrate environmental objectives where relevant into our business objectives in a cost-effective manner.
- Work closely with local suppliers to source local produce as much as possible
- Use seasonal food where we can to reduce ‘food miles’
- Source all our water from the underground spring on our land
- Use our own eco-friendly BioCycle wastewater treatment plant onsite
- Offer event hosts the opportunity to have menus with a conscience, using only organic and fair-trade ingredients when requested
- Sort cardboard, plastic, tins, etc. for recycling
- Use biodegradable detergents and soaps to wash our cutlery and cooking utensils
- When requested, use ‘vegware’ for events, such as biodegradable cutlery, cups, plates, etc.
“Our mission is to continuously improve our environmental performance by proactively protecting the environment, while providing a competitive advantage for our business”.