Benefits of School Trips
There’s nothing most kids like more than being active and outdoors in the fresh air.
Kippure Estate is an adventure centre in Wicklow that features a wide variety of activities that are ideal if you’re planning school trips in Ireland.
Our adventure centre for schools offers everything from field studies and engaging activities to team building and team bonding. Whatever the age or ability of your class, we’ll tailor your school tour to suit your needs, so whether you’re looking for gentle fun team tasks or high adrenalin ropes activities, we’ll make sure that all the children get the most out of your time with us.
There are so many benefits for the young people who come on residential school trips with us, including:
- The thrill of being outdoors
- Getting plenty of exercise
- Learning to work as a team
- Developing co-operation and leadership skills
- Discovering their personal strengths
- Facing new and exciting challenges outside their normal routine
- Exploring the natural world beyond towns and cities
- Developing respect for the environment and the world around us
- Having fun and socialising with their peers!
Practical, hands-on learning can really help assimilate what students have learned in the classroom. For more information about school trips in Wicklow or to book your tour, get in touch today to speak to one of our friendly team.
Free Planning Visits
Get all the information you need to arrange your residential school trips
If you’re looking into organising a school tour for your students, come to Kippure Estate, a residential outdoor education centre in the beautiful Wicklow Mountains. We’re always happy to arrange a free planning visit for teachers and youth leaders thinking about booking a trip for later in the year.
We understand that you can’t always get a feel for what a place will be like from websites and brochures alone, so we’ll take you around the two ropes courses, the paintball zone and the bushcraft area to show you the quality of our facilities and services.
If you’re specifically interested in field studies, we can arrange for you to observe a field study that may be happening on the day. If none have been booked during your visit, we will bring you to the areas used and describe what we do there.
You’re also very welcome to inspect the accommodation we have on site, although we ask that you check with us beforehand to be sure that there will be no-one staying in the houses when you visit. If you wish to stay overnight, we can provide a complimentary overnight stay on a B&B basis for staff involved in organising trips for groups.
To arrange your free planning visit, just get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to discuss your needs.
What to Bring
What you’ll need for residential school trips at our adventure centre in Wicklow
When you come on a school trip to Kippure Estate, we want to make sure you enjoy every minute of your stay with us. Our outdoor education centre offers first class facilities, but we do recommend that you bring these personal essentials with you to make the most of your time.
For overnight stays you will need:
- A waterproof rain jacket (essential)
- Waterproof trousers (useful)
- A full change of clothes and shoes
- Warm clothes in case the weather is cold during your stay
- Night wear
- Slippers (optional)
- Snacks (our tuck shop is open during the day; the nearest village shop is 8km away)
If you are visiting us in late autumn, winter or early spring, you will also need:
- A warm hat
- A warm, padded jacket to protect against the wind
- Strong shoes/boots
For summer time visits, we advise:
- Insect repellent
- Sun cream
- Long sleeves and trousers are also useful in summer (otherwise the activities involved might result in stings from insects or plants)
If you are camping at Kippure Estate, you’ll need to bring all your own camping equipment, including:
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Cooking pots
- Stove, etc.
For further information or to make a booking, just get in touch and one of our team will be more than happy to assist you.